Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yesterday

A year ago yesterday Matt and I found out we were having a baby! Here is part of an e-mail I had sent to my sister about taking the test and everything! We never would have thought that this would have been our month since I had bloodwork done and it came back saying I hadn't ovulated. Obviously God had a plan for us and it was to be pregnant at this time! We are so blessed to have a healthy beautiful baby girl!

So usually I start spotting about a week before I am due to start and I hadn’t so I was talking to one of my friends here at work yesterday about someone else in the lab who might be pregnant. Everyone says it happens in 3’s here in the lab so I was thinking hmmm maybe I am one of the 3 this time. So I was going to test this morning but last night I just decided to go ahead and do it. I told Matt I was going to do it and he was like ok. Not really getting his hopes up or anything. So I was in the bathroom and it came up pregnant pretty fast and I just started laughing and saying oh my god over and over again. Matt was like what, what’s going on. So he came in and looked at it and looked at me with a huge smile on his face. He was like do you think it is right. He was saying do you think you should take another one just in case but he didn’t really want to spend the money on another one go figure. So we went to Gordmans last night and bought each set of parents a grandparents frame and went to Party America and bought a pink and blue balloon and tied it to the frame and wrote on there Baby Zils Estimated Due Date April 12, 2009. We went to mom and dads and we figured mom would be in the family room and we would put it in the living room and have her come look outside but she was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher so I made Matt stay outside and she was like what are you doing, who’s outside, what are you up to and again I was just laughing so I had Matt come in and she was like what? I don’t think she believed us at first and then she started crying which made me cry. So I made Matt take me to Dairy Queen for a peanut buster parfait and we went and bought two more tests at moms request. I tried to take another one last night but it didn’t work because I didn’t have to go to the bathroom enough. I took another one this morning and it said pregnant again.

On another note, Mattilyn turned 15 weeks old yesterday! She is getting so big and everyday it just amazes me to watch her and see how she is developing.

Matt starts the academy for his new job on August 13th. He is excited and Mattilyn and I are even more excited to have him home all night for a few months! We are going to get spoiled.

2 comments:

The Neilson Famiily said...

Last week when Matt had came over the your parents to bring the formula. Mattie was sitting on your mom's lap and she was just watching Matt walk around and she would just get the biggest grin on her face when he would face her. It was really cute to see. She is a cutie.

The Sapps said...

Oh sure Matt goes back to days when I come home.