Monday, August 24, 2009

Four months old!

The doctor appointment went well on Friday. It broke my heart to see her getting her shots but I was strong and only got a little teary eyed. The doctor thinks she is doing great and is cute as can be! Who wouldn’t think so though! She was sure being quite the charmer for Dr. Morris and the nurse! She is 12 pounds 8 ounces which puts her in the 25th percentile for weight, 25 ½ inches long which puts her in the 90th percentile for length and her head is 15 ¼ inches which puts her in the 10th percentile for her head. Her percentiles for weight and head have stayed the same but she went from 75th to 90th percentile for length! We are going to start her on rice cereal at 5 months, she had thought about starting her now to see if it would help with the spit up but she really prefers to wait until 5 months. We won’t start baby food until 6 months so I didn’t even ask my long of list of questions for that yet. I figure we will wait until our 6 month check up for that because I was already in brain overdrive with just cereal questions! We are trying her on Zantac to see if that will help the spit up but she has been on it since Friday night and I don’t see that it is helping so I will give it a few more days and then call the doctor back. It almost seems that it is making it worse. The doctor also recommended that we stop swaddling because she is so active when she is lying down and playing and sucking on her feet. We are trying to do it gradually so we started out Friday night with one arm out of the swaddle. It is actually going pretty well. It takes a little bit longer to get her to sleep once we lay her down but then after a few wake ups she is out for the night. Last night she went to bed really easily so I think she is getting used to the one arm out.

Mattie rolled from her stomach to her back a few times this weekend! She is still working on back to stomach but she will get it in time. I think I am okay with her not doing it yet because once she gets that we will have to completely stop the swaddle. So at least we can do it gradually for now!

I will try to get some pictures up to.

No comments: